Thursday, July 5, 2007

I admit it- I'm a picky bastard, and I'm likely to hate nearly everything that is put on my plate. The only reason I haven't starved to death is because virtually all restaurants, no matter their ethnic origin, have some form of breaded chicken.

Collectively, I refer to these breaded chicken products as 'Chicken Fingers', though the nomenclature varies from restaurant to restaurant and language to language. Katsu, Tenders, Fritters, Tenderloinds- all are acceptable.

I am the world's leading connosieur of Chicken Fingers, and I use a structured method when judging any new CF that I come across. The overall quality of a Chicken Finger meal is a product of the three main components to a CF meal, being-

1) The Chicken Fingers themselves. How good is the breading, how meaty is the chicken?

2) The French Fries. Chicken Fingers without French Fries is a sin against humanity.

3) The Barbaque sauce. Chicken Fingers and Fries without barbaque sauce is like French Fries with pickle juice. KETCHUP IS NOT A VALID SUBSTITUTE.

These are the three parts of a great Chicken Fingers meal, and a failure in one area can make the entire meal wretched.

This blog will detail my world travels and the Chicken Fingers that I come across.

No comments: